The Art of Understanding
This is the last in a series of sad images really. My former partner of 5 1/2 years had a habit of ghosting once in a while for weeks at a time. Not just me, but everyone. He would just fuck off for a while. Then he would come back and apologize and we would get right back to it. Sometimes I gave him a slightly hard time, but I was probably a pushover. He's serial-killer level 10 charming.
In the images, I would depict domestic life, and would feature pictures of him, face down and a melancholy me nearby. Only he knew what photo was in that frame in our house, and he always understood that I missed him. I told him about a book I wrote once, and how one of the characters was upset with another because of a sudden and silent absence. One of the images was called "Melancholy Nights" and another "The Art of Realization." Both of which are the title of a chapter of that book. So is the title of this photo; "The Art of Understanding." In this one, the pictures are going into a burning barrel. The one on the ground was the actual frame from our house. The very same one that graced those earlier photos.
I was quite sad when I created this image. But also felt suddenly SO FREE and was flooded with a feeling of relief, like I had just unburdened myself. I love this person and wish them well but... sadly, at least at this time, I never want to talk to him again.
This was the blurb I posted with it on 8/2/26:
They say that a Leo has difficulty ending relationships. That we agonize over the decision, lose sleep over it, and end up staying far longer than we should. We always leave the door open, no matter how many times, because we are fiercely loyal. Because we care. And it's because we need to know that we gave it our all. Finally, something happens to push us over the edge. The decision is made and that door closes.
So yeah... Bye.
Location: outside my workshop
- I don't know what most of the stuff in the pic is.
* = From one of this weekend's current sales
** = From a recent or former weekend sale no longer available on sale


Comments
Post a Comment